Thursday, March 20, 2014

Martha McCaskey case # 3


        Martha McCaskey case is the typical that people experience while they are working in a corporate environment or in government institutions. The questions here are what is morally correct, and what is out of the law. It is well known that property information is the legal right of each corporation or government institution to protect their confidential information and refuse divulging it to the public. Martha is one thousands examples that corporations and government are facing today event tough they have ethical norms, corporate polices, and formal contracts. Moreover, corporations and government institutions require a special screening of employees in strategic and critical positions; however, they still face these ethical issues.

   Given the circumstances, if I we in Martha position in a company where top managers behave like Malone and Richardson, I would leave IAD immediately. Working at PricewaterhouseCooper   for 9nyears as Finance Auditor, I learned how important and confidential about manufacturing process and cost structures are. This type of information is always carefully protected by companies. I couldn’t think about a method called incentive, consulting feed or gift. It is still bribery and illegal selling confidential information.

   Finally, if I were Martha, I should have to follow “The assessing Ethical Concerns” for our decision making process. Is this decision fair? Will I feel better or worse about myself after I make this decision? Does this decision break any organizational rules? Does this decision break any laws? How would I feel if this decision was broadcast on the news?

No comments:

Post a Comment